Back-End developer with
Typical Work Activities
The ideal candidates should show a strong background in distributed and highly available back end applications with a demonstrated history of solving complex technical challenges with consistent efficiency and high performance. – Strong pluses include a B.S. \ M.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, related fields, or equivalent experience as is 2-4+ years of experience on enterprise scale developments.
- Experience in C, C++, Java – with specific emphasis on distributed architectures, concurrency, and high performance.
- Solid experience developing RESTful APIs and relational databases from the ground up
- Understanding of the underlying systems mobile applications & websites are developed on
- Understanding of key server-side development concepts such as integrating data or user accounts between multiple systems, integrating multiple databases into one system, implementing a backup system, securing data with multiple user levels, etc.
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Leading and participating in major architectural decisions, helping to review code and implementations, and incorporating new and emerging technologies into the organization.
- Promoting an agile culture that prizes continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality.
- Owning the end-to-end technical requirements and road-map for major engineering products.
- Working with the technical team to design, develop and maintain outstanding internet products.
- Excellent judgment, both in technical and organizational problem solving.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring custom-built technical solutions that facilitate customer integration with our projects.
- Communicating with customers and the customer service team regarding bugs, project timelines, deliverables and customer implementation tasks.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends.
- Constantly seeking opportunities for professional development by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of markets developments.