Photographic images are the focal point of a company’s brand and web presence
Premium web-specialized photography goes hand in hand with outstanding website design and copywriting. This service should be part of any overall content strategy, though most organizations don’t know about its many advantages.
OWDT is the only web design company in Texas that offers this service. Our clients have benefited greatly our in-house web-specialized photographer‘s fine work. He takes direction from our designers so that all on-site photographs conform perfectly to web design parameters. This is critically important because standard stock website photographs do not easily integrate with the overall organization, text placement, or navigational restrictions of most websites. This result, all too often, in mediocre layout and flow, with little or no space for required text.
Consider the additional advantages for you, the customer:
- Our professional web photographer offers a rare combination of experience and success at his craft;
- He and our master designer collaborate together to select dazzling images that conform seamlessly with concise, impactful written content showcasing the advantages of your offerings; and
- We use high-resolution, specialized cameras that interface with leading-edge software and hardware to bring your products and services to life.
Web photography requires costly specialized equipment. Only a small number of website development companies have been willing to make that kind of investment. OWDT has done so, however, because we understand that photographic images are the focal point of a company’s brand and web presence. A website with mediocre photography will fail to connect with viewers. High quality pictures, on the other hand, can help you tell your story, while providing alluring visual appeal complemented by carefully written content tailored to ensure optimal impact.
Understand that when visitors view your website, they instantly assess your company’s credibility. Sharp, elegant imagery helps you persuade prospective customers that your company is the best choice for product or service. We also believe in the powerful psychological impact of maximizing positive imagery, including shots of smiling, happy people as an effective means of engaging potential customers.
Premium web-specialized photography is integral to successful website design and copywriting
OWDT has recently launched its Web-Specialized Photography website. Let’s explore this unique service further with a quick survey to help you assess whether your current website images are up to par.
The advantages of web-specialized photography
Premium web-specialized photography is integral to successful website design and copywriting. It’s a big plus for any content strategy, though most organizations don’t know what it is or understand its clear advantages.
OWDT is one of a handful of U.S. design companies that offers this service. Our in-house web-specialized photographer and his team take direction from our designers so that all onsite photographs conform perfectly to web design parameters.
This is critically important because stock photographs don’t easily integrate with the overall organization, text placement or navigational parameters of most websites. The result? Mediocre layout and flow–often with inadequate space allotted for required text. Viewers quickly click away from such sites.
The web is the ideal medium for photography
To remain competitive, businesses need to take advantage of mobile media, now with sharp resolution that was considered high end for 30-inch monitors five years ago. This means there’s less need for concern about bandwidth than before. Bandwidth will continue to expand and be even less of an issue in the years ahead. Bottom line: your business can no longer get away with grainy, low resolution stock images.
Stock photos have serious limitations
Though many companies opt for stock photos, viewers quickly recognize when a company is taking the easy way out with this generic, cookie cutter approach. By comparison, web-specialized photography connects viewers directly to your organization’s unique story and distinctive product/service advantages.
Fundamental disadvantages of stock photos include–
By contrast, OWDT’s web-specialized photographic equipment produces superior results:
- Our professional web photographer’s team uses high-resolution, specialized cameras that interface with leading-edge software and hardware to bring your products and services to life;
- Only a small number of website development companies have been willing to make the investment required for this service. OWDT has done so, however, because we understand that high-quality photographic images are essential to a company’s Internet presence;
- Our web photographer’s team collaborates with our master designer (who has a rare gift for perfecting beautiful imagery) to select dazzling images that conform seamlessly with concise, impactful written content showcasing your offerings;
- You decide on the exact images you want–including, for example, photos of your employees, brick and mortar establishment and/or community setting; and
Using real people in your images, presented at their best, imparts tangibility and trustworthiness to your brand.
Understand that when visitors view your website, they instantly assess your company’s credibility. Sharp, elegant imagery helps persuade prospective customers that your company is simply the best choice for product or service.
Our photographs are optimized for clarity, contrast, composition and color. High-quality pictures help tell your story, while providing alluring visual appeal complemented by carefully tailored written content to ensure optimal impact.
Research demonstrates that high quality website images result in a significantly higher conversion rate. A higher conversion rate translates directly into expanded sales of goods and services. Good photography, especially of people in natural settings, helps convince visitors to take action. For example, in a rec
ent 37Signals study there was a 100% increase in sales for one of their products resulting from the addition of onsite photographic images of employees.
Are your current website and social media pics up to par?
Here are some questions to help you assess whether you need to upgrade your images:
- Do your photos integrate with your website’s overall visual flow, text placement and aesthetic, including color scheme?
- Do your pics communicate a coherent, positive ‘story’ about your business and brand?
- Are your pics non-stock, high quality representations of your employees and organization?
- Is the resolution of your photographs maximized without sacrificing download speeds? Newer, much improved online multimedia images posted on sites like Flickr and Facebook have raised the expectations of what photos should look like online.
- Are your photos upbeat, positive and reassuring (e.g., showing smiling people)?
- Have you avoided clichéd photographs of generic-looking people shaking hands across tables, etc.?
- Have you avoided off-putting ‘before’ photos that can repel viewers (e.g., as with before dental work)? In such cases, best to show only the ‘after’ pics.
- Have you overloaded your website with too many images? Be sure to select only significant, impactful pictures.
- Are your photos professionally edited? It’s best to leave that job to photographers and web designers who understand the many variables that affect the final product.